The Child Safe Framework Procedure for participation and inclusion of young people and their caregivers acknowledges
- the need for sensitivity and consideration of those young people of Aboriginal, culturally, and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as any young person with a disability;
- the primary role of parents and caregivers as well as the role of young people in child protection and will actively engage with young people and caregivers, inviting open communication and feedback as part of our procedures and interactions; and
- the shared responsibility of the whole community for child safety and welfare, including caregivers, guest organisations and our workers (paid and volunteer) and as such we will actively promote the role of parents and caregivers and the wider community in the shared responsibility of child safety.
Detailed procedures are set out in the Framework document to ensure:
- Young people’s participation and inclusion
- Engaging with Caregivers and Community