Welcome to Young Life, one of the most dynamic and innovative ministries reaching un-churched young people in Australia today.
Young Life believes that every young person should have the opportunity to hear the message of Jesus Christ from someone they know and trust. Our approach is designed to ‘connect’ with young people, building long-term relationships based on trust and respect. Throw in elements of fun, laughter, adrenaline-filled challenges and inspiring speakers – and you have the Young Life mix – one that has been changing millions of lives for over 60 years.
- Praying for young people
- Going to where young people are
- Building relationships with them
- Winning the right to be heard
- Providing experiences that are fun, adventurous and life-changing
- Sharing our lives
- Sharing Jesus
- Loving them regardless of their response
- Helping young people develop their skills, assets and attitudes to reach their God-given potential
- Encouraging young people to be connected and engaged in a local church
- Working with a team of like-minded individuals – volunteer leaders, committee members, donors and staff
Thank you for your service to Young Life through your local committee. Throughout the Bible, we see God assembling teams of servants to work out His salvation purposes. He sent 70 elders to Moses to ‘help carry the burden of the people’ so Moses ‘would not have to carry it alone’ (Numbers 11:17). The early church, as it struggled to serve growing numbers of disciples, commissioned men ‘full of the Spirit and wisdom’ (Acts 6:3) so that the Word of God could be shared with a waiting world.
For Young Life, the waiting world is every young person, everywhere. And we can’t enter their world without adult committee members like you. Thank you!