Arrive Early – about an hour
- Not to plan club (it’s already been laid out ahead of time)
- Get organised – order of the meeting, skit, etc. (have it in writing)
- Last minute preparation
- Prepare the room (talk about homes)
- Beat the kids there – be ready when the first one arrives so you can hang out.
- Pray together before the chaos begins.
Patrol – help outside
- Park cars
- Keep kids from getting hurt
- Greet kids outside
- Meet parents
- Have new kids fill out club cards (address and other information).
Hear Brian Summerall share about the start of club.
- Do your assigned job – be ready and practiced.
- When not involved spread out and help control kids by sitting with them.
- Don’t be up front unless involved.
- Don’t take away from who’s up front by drawing attention to yourself.
- Sing enthusiastically, laugh, pay attention.
- Draw kids into the singing, tease them into clapping.
- Be alert to any crisis, keep kids inside, don’t let them throw things.
Visit with kids
- Tell them you’re glad they were there
- Be available to answer questions
- Take time to give yourself to them
- Leave to do contact work with them
- Set up a time to hang out with them later in the week.
Get kids home
- Again, be outside to patrol. This is a good time to meet parents and to provide safety.
- Don’t leave while kids are still there, whether you meet at homes or another place.
- Clean up
- Not until kids leave
- Everyone help.
If at a home, be sure to vacuum, take rubbish with you and say THANK YOU!
Download – Responsibilities of a Leader