All activities of Young Life need to be underpinned by prayer. Our hope is that everyone on the committee will take time to regularly pray for the ministry. This can be greatly aided by a Prayer Coordinator.
Responsibilities of the Prayer Coordinator:
- Walk faithfully with Christ
- Be confident in their call to the role
- Be committed to prayer
- Has access to a computer with email
- Keep in regular contact with the Area Manager to record the prayer needs relating to working with young people
- Record the prayer needs of committee activities
- Keep a regular database of prayer supporters on Mail Chimp & ensure that new donors are added to the Mail Chimp List
- Send monthly / termly (as per area agreement) email prayer requests and praise reports via Mail Chimp
Basic Strategies to Develop
- Area-Wide Prayer Strategy: Involve as many people as possible from inside and outside the area who will pray for the local Young Life ministry. Obtain general prayer requests from the area director on a monthly basis. It might also be helpful to list answered prayers as well as requests.
- Develop an e-mail distribution list. Obtain names of people who are willing to pray for the ministry from the committee, donors, church prayer groups, volunteer leaders, staff, banquet list, senior citizens, etc.
- Committee-Wide Prayer Strategy: The committee should pray as a group for the staff, volunteer leaders and donors and about key issues related to the ministry.
- Develop an e-mail distribution list of committee members and staff. Check with the area manager and other staff for detailed requests for prayer.
- Make prayer an important part of the committee meeting. Prayer could be held for an hour before the meeting. Members could meet weekly during lunch at a specific location for prayer.
- Individual Prayer Strategy: Each committee member should be paired with a specific staff member or volunteer leader to pray specifically for them.
- The committee member should solicit individual prayer requests from the staff member or volunteer leader.
- Understands the power of prayer.
- Has the gift of prayer.
- Is able to elicit the needs and concerns of others.
- Good listening skills.
- Can organize.
- Computer literate or able to recruit an individual to send out the prayer emails via Mail Chimp.
Time Requirement: 8 hours per month
NOTE: Different areas will have different time requirements, and this should be used as a guide only. Different times of year as well will have different time pressures.