In any given area there are numerous adults, young and old, who would be considered alumni and/or friends of Young Life.
Recognizing this reality, we desire to be proactive in reaching out to these people. We desire to connect with these people, encourage them in their faith, and expose them to ways in which they can be involved in the local ministry.
The coordinator will:
- Take the lead in connecting with Young Life alumni and friends, ensuring that their details are provided to the Prayer Coordinator and that they are in eTapestry (the YLA Database) where appropriate.
- Keep a local database of friends willing to assist with fundraising activities, assist at camps etc.
- Work with the committee and area director to strategize about events and activities for alumni and friends.
- Periodically communicate with alumni and friends by e-mail, phone and / or newsletters as appropriate.
Basic Strategies to Develop
The coordinator, working together with the Area Manager and Committee, should:
- Develop a process to consistently review the Young Life Alumni and Friends database.
- Create an on-going communication about the local ministry with all alumni and friends who live in or near the area. This should be done in liaison with the Prayer Coordinator.
- Develop a process done at least once a year to provide opportunities for alumni and friends to become involved in the local Young Life ministry as: volunteer leaders, committee members, prayer supporters, friends of Young Life and/or donors.
- Communicate as needed with the Office of Alumni and Friends by posting alumni and friends events, sharing stories and receiving database assistance.
- Has the gifts of leadership and administration.
- Can develop a team of people to assist in alumni and friends communication and involvement.
- Is passionate about involving alumni and friends in the local ministry.
- Computer literate.
Time Requirement: 4 hours per month
NOTE: Different areas will have different time requirements, and this should be used as a guide only. Different times of year as well will have different time pressures.