Church Liaison Coordinator
Many areas are looking for additional ways to involve non-committee adults, and to develop stronger support from local church congregations. This role helps bring those two things together in a way that, when done effectively, can truly bless an area.
The coordinator develops a network of friends of Young Life who are willing to go to their church once or twice a year with a request on behalf of Young Life.
Basic Strategies to Develop
- Find out what churches are represented among the Young Life community. Places to look:
- Committee members
- Volunteer leaders
- Staff members
- The church-going parents of young people who Young Life has significantly impacted
- Recruit these friends to undertake one or two annual tasks.
- Request a meeting with the pastor or missions committee for the staff/committee representative to attend.
- Request a Young Life announcement or presence at a missions Sunday or similar event.
- Equip the team to make their asks.
- Connect the staff (or trained volunteer/committee rep) with churches when a door opens.
- Record what progress we make with each church annually.
- Write yearly to churches to update them of Young Life work in their community, and to thank them for their support.
- Can organize.
- Communicates well with a group of people.
- Is actively involved in their own church.
Time Requirement: 2 – 4 hours per month